One of the worst problems faced by a homeowner is an infestation by termites. These destructive insects can be found all over the Southeastern United States. Should you suspect you have termites, it is vital you contact Strategic Industries to come inspect your property for evidence of termites. An untreated infestation can cost the homeowner tremendously, both financially and emotionally.
What are the signs of a termite infestation?
There are a few ways to tell you have termites.
- Visual identification – This might seem an obvious answer, but actually seeing a termite can remove all doubt that the insects have taken up residence in your home. Just be sure you are not misidentifying as ants, because they are often confused for one another.
- Mud travel tubes – Should you discover narrow tubes made of mud coming through any cracks or openings from the outside of your house, then this is evidence of termites. They use these tubes to travel from their nest to any food sources they discover.
- Damaged wood – Should you encounter any weakened wood that is honeycombed with tunnels, then termites have been consuming and degrading the lumber.
If you see any of these signs, we recommend calling us at Strategic Industries.
Our Termite Elimination and Prevention Approach
Strategic Industries has several different methods and tools available to eliminate any termite infestation you may be experiencing and to prevent a re-infestation from the insects. We begin the process with a thorough inspection of the home, as well as the exterior perimeter and surrounding grounds.
Once the inspection is completed, we will propose a treatment plan suited for your specific needs, taking into account the severity of the infestation.
As part of the inspection process, we can identify potential termite risk factors that should be eliminated to reduce the likelihood of an infestation:
- Get rid of fallen trees, stumps or roots near your home or business.
- Should you have any firewood or scrap wood, keep it away from your house.
- Make sure to have proper drainage around foundations. Termites thrive in damp spaces.
- Also, inspect for any leaks or condensation collecting in pipes within your home.
Being a homeowner means always being vigilant for any insect infestations that threaten your home. Let the Termite Experts at Strategic Industries help you keep your property safe and sound for years to come.
Strategic Industries provides warranties against future damage to your property on most termite treatments.
To request a free quote or whole home inspection call us at the phone number below or click the box on the right side of this screen.